Day 19 : Write a short love story (fiction)

Friday, September 02, 2016


It's Friday nite, I'm just staying at home, getting comfy, and thinking about how can I make Love Story? In this post, I don't know if it counts as a love story but here it is. 


Today is our wedding anniversary. It's our 50th wedding anniversary. I never thought that I would spend my life with my lovely husband that long. Thank God that we can celebrate it until 50th years. My husband, Jim Mccourtney is already 79 and I'm 75. We have 2 beautiful daughters and 6 grandchildren. How grateful we are that all the family member can come to our anniversary. 

The morning before our dinner wedding anniversary, Jim give me a bouquet of flower that he picked in our garden. "Happy anniversary my amazing wife, Dorothy. Thank you for everything that you give to me. I love you more than you know." said Jim with his lovely voice. "It's already 50 years and still counting, Jim. How wonderful life that I can spend my life with you. I love you more Jim" I replied.

We just spend our anniversary at home. Enjoying our tea, books, and radio. We spend the day by cooking together. Sometimes we dance while we're waiting our food. Just like when we're moving in together. We really keep a healthy life. Not only the food that we eat but also exercise and happy thought. We like to keep our life busy and active. 

Happy 50th wedding anniversary Jim and Dorothy Mccourtney. The poster was so big and beautiful. With golden and dark blue, it's all perfect. Our daughters arrange this for us, how lovely they are to make this one for us. Jim and I just keep smiling and smiling. All the guests, congratulate us. How pretty and young they are. "Sorry honey, I have to go for a minute." Jim whispered to me and I nod. Where would he go in this precious time? This is our moment.

"Dear, Dorothy Mccourtney." Someone speak out loud and I got the spotlight "yes?" I answered. What happened? "The very first time I saw you in the lake with your friends, I was like 'please let me know her. I could marry her right now if I want to' asked Tom if you didn't believe but I know you believe me, honey. And so, we're introduced ourselves and my feelings to you never change even until tonight. So, Dorothy, I will ask you the same question 50 years ago, will you marry me again? will you spend another years with me together?" he kneeled down and give me a diamond ring, he proposed just like the old times. I was teary and so much happy, I couldn't describe my feelings. Just like I used to. The feeling that he proposed and you married with him. I just nod with happy tears and I said " I do, Jim!" And then we kissed. All the guests applaud to us. I can feel they all smile and happy. There's so much positive energy. We're having so much happiness tonight. 

But suddenly, I passed out. I fall down. 

"My Dorothy, please wake up. I love you please say something." said Jim. "Mom, wake up!!" I heard the family shout out loud to me. I am awake but I can't move my body even my lips. I can't open my eyes. And I felt the tears on my cheek. It's Jim's tears not mine. I heard the ambulance came to our anniversary celebration. I was hospitalised. That's all I know. 

"Dorothy, please wake up." said Jim again. He's alone. It's so quite. I can't do anything. I can't move my fingers or even my lips. I'm in comma. Is this how comma is like? I don't know. It's my first time. "Dorothy, I know you're in there. I love you, I really do. I'm sorry to embarrassed you in our 50th anniversary. I didn't mean to make you feel that way. It's because I want to show you that my love to you is never change dear. It's getting more and more and more. Your love is so pure, I don't know what to say anymore. I.. I... " he cried. I want to cry, it's very touch "If it's the time, I... I... I'm ready and I'm letting you go. Because that place..... is so much better than in here." he continued. And he's no longer cry. I cried. Inside. I want to wake up and tell that I'm fine but how. God, please give me some more time. Jim kissed me. I shed tears and smile. I can speak now. "I love you Jim. I really do. Don't worry about me. I always be with you" and I sleep. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Follow My Instagram

Snap My Code

Snap My Code
Follow Me on Snapchat